Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Back at it.

Gone but not forgotten.....it's been over three years since my last post.  Since I retired last summer and I have a bit more time it's time to start again on the H project.  So last week I drained out the old gas, replaced the corroded points and bought a new battery (still the original 6 volt system).  Without too much trouble she started up.  Now that she's running again the question was where to begin on the restoration.  So before anything major I figured I would replace the old worn out wiring and make sure that is all correct and working properly.  I ordered some old fashioned cloth covered wire from Brillman and some woven loom for part of the wire harness.  In checking out the existing wiring I noticed the field wire on the generator was not connected to the cutout relay.  This got me wondering if the charging system was even working.  Nope.  I watched a great  youtube video made by Steiner Tractor that went through the steps to test the system and determined the generator was not working.  It's now removed and in pieces in the garage.  I ordered the pieces to rebuild it but in the meantime I'll clean it up and get a fresh coat of paint on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment