Tuesday, December 31, 2019

The tear-down begins

A couple days ago I pulled out the tractor and spent a couple hours scraping off grease and crud and then drove it back into the barn to begin the tear-down.  This morning I drained out the oil and anti-freeze.  Of course there was more oil in it than there was supposed to be and my drain pan didn't hold it all so made a nice mess.  To get at the radiator drain plug I had to knock out a good amount of dirt from right under it only to find there had at some time been a mouse nest there.  Strange place but must have been warm??  After that I removed the steering shaft that goes through the top of the radiator.  In the videos I watched it came right out after removing a couple bolts.  Not surprisingly that was not the case for me.  But after a good amount of pounding it did eventually come out.


Ready for disassembly

Removal of the steering shaft

No comments:

Post a Comment